We’re Hiring A Retail Manager!
Mac Choice currently has a position open for a Retail Manager to work with our team in the management of the Mac Choice retail store, focused ultimately on the delivery of quality retail goods and services. Primarily, the Assistant Retail Manager will be responsible for assisting in staff management, providing leadership and training to existing and new staff, facilitating appropriate merchandising and stock levels, and booking in service jobs.
There are significant opportunities to receive training and formal qualifications in Apple sales and technical fields.
If you’d like to apply please read all of the information below and follow the instructions supplied. Please apply using the email address given as applications cannot be accepted via other means.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by ensuring store products are current and re-order levels are appropriately set.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorising clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in IT systems as it occurs
- Understand processes by completing assigned training materials
- Enter all work as service tickets into IT systems
- Ensure the premises are maintained in a clean and sanitary condition
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Previous knowledge and experience of retail operations including minimum re-order levels, rotation and removal of unsold goods
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge and a willingness to learn the essentials of MacOS and Apple iOS
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Willingness to contribute to the improvement of the organisation whenever possible
How To Apply
- Prepare a simple cover letter introducing yourself, and very briefly summarising your retail experience.
- Include your resume – it doesn’t need to be War & Peace, although please ensure that your previous job roles, length of time working in them, and the types of activities you performed are included
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be accepted throughout June, although interviews may be requested before then