Updating the iOS on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch are important as not only do you get brand new features but there are also crucial security upgrades. There are also plenty of bug fixes that come with each update so it is usually a good idea to always keep your device up-to-date.
Before updating your iOS it is recommended that you back your device up.
Updating your device wirelessly:
- Plug your device into power and connect to your Wi-Fi
- Go to Settings > General, then tap ‘Software Update’.
- Tap ‘update now’ and Install.
- If asked, enter your devices passcode. If you do not know your passcode or forgot, learn what to do.
You may be asked if you want to Install the update now or later. You can choose to either install tonight or to remind you later on. If you do choose to update overnight, make sure your device is plugged into power before sleeping.
If your device has iOS 12 or later you can have your device update automatically for you. To turn on automatic updates:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update, then tap ‘Automatic Updates’.
Now your device will update automatically. It should be noted that sometimes it may need to be updated manually.
If you are unsure of any of the steps, below is an instructional video to help:
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us!