Before updating your Apple Watch there’s a few steps to follow:
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
- Make sure your Apple Watch is at least 50% charged
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi
- Keep your iPhone next to your Apple Watch, so that they’re in range of each other.
Note: The update can take several minutes to an hour to finish. So it’s recommended to do it overnight or wait until you have time.
Update your Apple Watch using your iPhone
When a new update is available, your Apple Watch will notify you. But to check for updates manually, use these steps:
- Keep your Apple Watch on its charger until the update completes.
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap General > Software Update
- Download the update. If asked for your iPhone passcode or Apple Watch passcode, enter it.
- Wait for the progress wheel to appear on your Apple Watch and wait for the update to complete.
Leave your Apple Watch on its charger while the update completes. Don’t restart your iPhone or Apple Watch, and don’t quit the Apple Watch app. When the update completes, your Apple Watch will restart on its own.
Update directly on your Apple Watch
If you’ve upgraded your Apple Watch to watchOS 6, you can install subsequent updates without your iPhone:
- Make sure that your watch is connected to Wi-Fi
- Open your watch, open the Settings app.
- Tap General > Software Update.
- Tap Install if a software update is available, then follow the onscreen instructions.
If you are unsure of any of the steps, below is an instructional video:
If you have any problems, questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us!